Select a state then click on date to view events on the Black Book calendar
TOURING: Kinship - 3 September 2013
ACT: Bipotaim: Stories from the Torres Strait - 6 September 2013
NSW: Intercultural Dialogues - 6 September 2013
NSW: This Fella, My Memory - 6 September 2013
NSW: This Fella, My Memory - tickets for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members - 6 September 2013
NSW: With Our Healing Hands - soft sculptures and prints - 6 September 2013
QLD: Deadly Brothers - 6 September 2013
QLD: Under the Canopy - 6 September 2013
VIC: Ganagan (Deep Water): Waterways in Koorie Life and Art - 6 September 2013
NSW: AFTRS Open Day - 7 September 2013
NSW: 21st Annual Mil-Pra AECG Exhibition and Art Award - 8 September 2013
QLD: Spirit of the Lore - 11 September 2013
VIC: Youth Football Tournament - 25 September 2013
VIC: Megan Cope The Tide is High - 26 September 2013
WA: Kimberley Girl - Derby Heat - 27 September 2013
POST AN EVENT
Complete the form to post an event
Subscribe to Black Mail and receive all the latest news, events, jobs listings, training opportunities and more.
3 December 2013 to 31 December 2013
VIC: Bunjilaka: First Peoples
Told through the voices of Victoria's First Peoples, and utilising cutting-edge multimedia, Aboriginal language, artefacts and contemporary artworks, First Peoples; will tell the story of Aboriginal Victoria from the time of Creation to today.
First Peoples will celebrate the history, culture, achievements and survival of Victoria's Aboriginal people. The exhibition highlights include:
* Be transported to the time of Creation through the story of Bunjil (the wedge-tailed eagle), Creator for many Victorian Aboriginal clans, inside the Creation Cinema
* Hear from Victorian Aboriginal people aged from 8 to 72 speaking about their identity, community and culture in the Deep Listening Space
* Join the Messenger - virtual human guide - on a journey of discovery through the exhibition
* Uncover stories and objects telling how the First Peoples lived before European settlement, highlighting Aboriginal Australia's complex web of social, cultural and economic ties
* Marvel at more than 600 historic and contemporary artefacts from across Victoria and Australia, from one of the world's premier collections of Australian Aboriginal cultural material
* See numerous contemporary artworks and objects commissioned from Koorie artists
First Peoples will be a permanent exhibition on display at the Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre at Melbourne Museum.
First Peoples is being co-curated by Yulendj ("knowledge") Group of Elders and community representatives from across Victoria with Museum Victoria staff - contributing stories, objects and deep cultural and historical knowledge to this exhibition.
Website: First Peoples: Bunjilaka
Venue: First Peoples Gallery, Bunjilaka